01 julho, 2009

BOOM SHAK THE EMPIRE BE RISING!

(As promised, this post goes for you Mr. Flour! Thanks for the help! :) )


"They say good things are to be shared."



These fellas come from Melbourne, Australia.
If I had to label the kind of music of this six-piece funk fusion band, I would say something like "Music of the World".
Their sound has been described as a fusion of jazz, funk, and rock with heavy latin/salsa influences (not to mention reggae, ska and dub).

People say good things are for free and to be shared. So it´s about time I share this one with you.
It was the very first one I listened to - and it sure was enough to make me want to listen to all of the
other ones! It´s definitely worth it - I advise you to check out some more from them!
Let me introduce you to The Cat Empire!


...

Bridge

"My mouth it´s got a great big smile
that shows some great big teeth
to friends it brings happiness
and to enemies it means defeat

And my eyes they´ve got some vision
that can see through many lies
ah my eyes they look for better things
the better things to see in life

And my ears are wearing headphones
that do play my favourite songs
not music I´m told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

´Cos on my feet are shoes for dancing
dancing to be free
oh my feet they´re paying tribute to
the Bobby Marley legacy"


(you can view the actual videoclip here)



If it weren´t that far, and $time$ weren´t a problem, I´d already have a roundtrip organized to London and a ticket to Shepherd´s Bush Empire, where they will be performing live on the 3rd and 4th of July! It´s going to be a freakin´ damn good show!

"Bad" luck this time - there are somethings we´ve got, somethings we choose, and some others are naturally left behind (temporarily, if we want to) - that´s how options go!
But I´m sure I will get to see them sometime in the near future...
... who knows, probably in their hometown: Melbourne. Why not? :)

Anyone to join me? ;)

3 Provas Oficiais:

Anónimo disse...

Eu VOU!!!!!!! :D:D:D

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH(riso maléfico!!!)

Anónimo disse...

Eu adoro...estou viciado!!!

Pedro Xavier Costa
@Mexico

Nocas disse...

Solo te enseño cosas buenas, ¿verdad? :)